Wednesday 23 May 2018

406 Module Evaluation

Overall, I genuinely really enjoyed this module. Out of all the modules that we did this year, this module seemed the most engaging and interesting to me and I was really motivated to make my designs, especially when I was starting to develop my final j-card and flag ideas. Maybe because the module was about music genre's that I was really engaged as I enjoy really niche genre's general. In addition, through this module I've become more confident with my screen printing skills and I feel like I can definitely do screen printing form scratch to finish well and confidently now than I did before in previous modules. I've learnt proper screen printing techniques that I didn't know before, and I think this will definitely be something that will help me in the second year when we do more screen printing and the briefs and modules are much more independent. Furthermore, I think I've managed my production time quite well this time as I screen printed in a really convenient time and I was stressed out about it as I thought I'd be, leading to me making some good prints (although I could've decided on my paper stock more carefully). Also, I was able to make my flag design and object in a convenient time so for this module I didn't felt as pressured with physically producing my work.

The group module was also quite enjoyable as we were put in groups with people that we knew and can get on with but at the same time with people who we haven't really talked to properly yet even though it's nearly the end of the year. I think also, through this I've become more comfortable with talking to people with my opinions as I knew their ways of working at they know mine, therefore we were able to communicate well and solve problems really quickly and pull ourselves together before it wad too late, without any miscommunications or any fights, unlike the last groups that I was in. This group work also help me realise how ways of thinking and working towards a real live brief or actual exhibition would be, as we were thinking of very realistic ways of designing and production our designs; thinking about costs and efficiency as well. Overall, both studio brief were very enjoyable and interesting in there own ways and I was able to learnt very different things that I can take with my for next year from both briefs which is I think a great way for me to come and have for next year where it will be very different and I will have to be more independent and communicate and use the people around me, especially my peers more and getting ideas from them rather than waiting and receiving them when given.

No comments:

Post a Comment