Wednesday 23 May 2018

J-CARD, FLAG AND OBJECT FINAL CRIT

On Monday we had a final critique on all our design collateral for this module and although we realistically don't have time to do any major changes o our designs I took this final crit as an opportunity to reflect on my designs instead and see if there's something that I could've done better from the suggestions and comments that my peers gave me. 

To be honest, I didn't really get much feedback, because people literally just said how they liked something and didn't really specify why so I couldn't really get much of it. Also, the only critiques I got was about my rationale writing which to be fair I wrote quite quickly so it didn't quite make sense, so I've changed that already n my final design boards. On the other hand, someone did say to put stickers on the cassette or shoes however, I tried that and I didn't quite like it as much because of how matte the sticker was and the white colour of the sticker just sticks out too much that it ruins how the actual cassette or shoes look, therefore i didn't do it and just stuck with the cassette and shoes on their on, and also I've already put designs and stickers on the packaging of the two designs therefore I feel like putting more would make it look too much. 

Though, from the crit I didn't get as much feedback as I'd like, looking other people's work, I felt like people really took the time to consider their colour scheme, style of working into consideration because most of the work I've looked at were very cohesive while already expressing the theme of their micro-genre and they've also picked concepts which were very niche and unique so they were able to make really interesting and innovative designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment