Monday 21 May 2018

Flag Design

After, the interim crit my flag design didn't really get a good response so I decided to do more research on the overground and underground aspect of the micro-genre as i felt it would also fit with the j-card that I've designed.

This flag development design is referencing the song 'Beenzino' by underground rapper Blacknut. The song talks about the different things Blacknut wants to have or imagines to have or get if he gets to be Beenzino (an over ground rapper) even for just 10 minutes. 

For this first design I decided put the whole lyrics on the page while only highlighting the parts which are quite impactful and puts across the concept behind it, along with Beenzino's face, with text 'Beenzino's money' etc. to highlight the materialistic side of the underground scene. I've also put some details such as highlighting Beenzino's most famous song 'Dali, Van, Picasso' by adding the album cover aswell as and highlighting the hook 'Like Salvador Dali, Van Gogh, Picasso in my body, man I'm fuckin' artist'. To further emphasise what Blacknut desires e.g. a hit song like Beenzino, as underground rappers aren't known to the public therefore they suffer to have a hit songs which is know to everyone. 

1
Further testing the design, I got some peers to critique me, and some suggested for a white background for the lyrics that I've highlighted red in order for it to be red better as they're hard separate from the red. I've also decided to change the position of the Dali, Van, Picasso cover position to see how it will change the dynamic of the flag.






For this other refinement, I've decided to strip back the lyrics to the lyrics where it starts with Beenzino's name as felt like doing this will give more impact to the flag and bring more interest to the concept behind it. it also clearly shows the message of the actual lyrics by Blacknut as well, as at first it may sound very materialistic by wanting Beenzino's fans, money, car etc. however, as you read on, it becomes a bit more ridiculous and too personal talking about Beenzino's external and internal appearances along with not so desirable things such as dandruff and sebum, making you realising that Blacknut is just being satiric and almost mocking Beenzino and over ground artists. 


No comments:

Post a Comment