Monday 21 May 2018

J Card Development

From the interim criteria that I had, these are the design developments that I did of army j-card designs. Firstly, I changed he yellow design detail to blue as per criteria suggestions because I figured out it will be easier for em to screen print as well as have a strong colour shame that don't stray away. 

After some debate I also tried changing the tracklist type to a serif font (Times New Roman) which I surprisingly liked a lot as opposed to what I was thinking, because I thought it would be too much of a contrast, however looking at it now it actually highlights the mood of the design as well as accentuated the rough texture marks and the dark toned colours that are used overall. In addition to this, I also put the side B tracklist on the front which I think works quite well because then the inside would just be a pattern and production wise it would also be easier for me to print the inside layout because I wouldn't have to worry about lining up each layer according to the top layer as well.  I also put a small detail on the top right corner of a money bill to highlight the difference in earnings between over ground and underground rappers. Other than that I didn't change much on the top design of the j-card. I did try different layouts for the tracklist, as Ben told me it would push the design further as it was too 'planned' in compared to overall design. 




As to the inside layout, before I decided to put the Side B tracklist on the front I decided to make try some layouts with it, however, I didn't really like it so I think I'm going to stick with having the tracks on the front and keeping the inside just a pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment