Monday 21 May 2018

Flag Crit

After I made my flag development ideas, I decided to get some peers, Ben and Pat to critical my designs. The first designs that I've done were seen as a bit too 'book covers' and don't really feel like a flag design, so it doesn't feel like it will have a lot of impact. I think after listening to these opinions I kind of get where it was coming from because it may seem too wordy and quite mild. I think the long lyrics were what caused this because of how long it is and doesn't carry much impact as the bigger typography as well as the image that is accompanying it on the page.


I was suggested to take this design forward because the use of paragraph was seen more impactful and the way it is put in a box as well as white makes it stand out better and given more importance in the design. The design also considers layout by having the text take nearly 2/3's of the page making it look more important, as well as the white background balancing the blue and red colours as well. I think after looking at designers like Todeschini Mamie and the Korean album covers, I've been influenced by some elements of their design techniques. Furthermore, I also think after the crit I'm going to take this design further as I do agree with the opinions that has been given to me and I believe this would refine my design for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment