Sunday 14 October 2018

Basic Rough Content Ideas

I'm starting to decided what kind of content I'd like my publication to have and from the crit that I had on Friday, I think I'm going to base my content on reading as my context is about making people think about how they read and understand messages and signs that they read and see everyday.

These are just some really basic ideas that I dotted down which might be useful:

  • Phrases that can be used in publication ::::
  • "Would you do what I tell you to do, If I don't tell you what to do?"
  • "Give me a break. I'm dizzy" - almost personifying the book pages???
  • Double check for missing pages, or missing faces"
I was thinking it could be an A5 sized as it not quite pocket size but still fits into hand comfortably and can be taken anywhere. The reader may take it while traveling or in the library or maybe even reading in a coffee shop. Furthermore, it may stop it from looking a bit gaudy or too intense as I was also thinking of putting inserts or concertinas/pop ups in it and making it big will probably make it look too much and may attract the wrong audiences e.g. children as I don't want my book to look like a children's book or something similar.

On the other hand, maybe it wouldn't be bound at all? Maybe all the pages are just folded nicely in order and the readers are the ones to decide how they'd read it or how they will even use and interact with the book. However, would this contradict my brief? I wanted my readers to think about why they communicate with the book and messages in the book the way they did so would a boundless and free book be contradictory to my original aim?

No comments:

Post a Comment