Tuesday 9 October 2018

Ideas on Concepts

After the briefing yesterday, I started to think about other concepts and themes that can branch off from my theme. I was feeling anxious as I thought my theme wouldn't have any more interesting things that can come off it but after finding out that it doesn't have to be about the typography and directly from the theme I started to think about other concepts that I can squeeze from it.

1) Thinking Opposite - I thought about focusing on the opposite side of 'Open' ; what happens once a shop closes? what procedures do they do? checking tills? cleaning? tidying up? turning off lights? customers leave? going home?

2) Journey through a shop - I was thinking of focusing on the journey of going to a shop (focusing it on the customer's perspective?) how it looks from the outside to the inside? what does the customer focus on? where do they go?

3) Interior environment in relation to the typography - how does the interior relate to the typography signage on the outside? does it match the kind of impression that customers may have form the outside? is it different? how is it different? materials, products used? uniform, furniture wallpapers etc.

4) The 5 senses - I thought of creating 5 different books focusing each on the 5 sense (sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell) how the environment of the shop looks? is it loud or quiet? what does the food/ products smell like or the shop or the people? what textures can you feel; rough or smooth? what flavours can you taste?

I think having these ideas would give me a good starting point of a specific theme/ concept that I do my publication on and I think narrowing it down like this can also help me narrow down my research making me focus on the details for the publication itself. I'll bring these ideas in to the ideas that I got from my presentation and see which ones may fit in together or better; maybe I can merge two ideas or is that making it complicated again?

No comments:

Post a Comment