Tuesday 9 October 2018

I'm Stuck

I've been really stuck with my ideas today and I just feel like I'm not making any progress because I've just been overthinking about the concept that I want to focus on. I've talked to Orlando today and he really made me think about what I found interesting about my summer photos. Personally I like the simplicity and functionality of the open signs, it's very direct and can be seen as quite bold. 'OPEN' it sounds very commanding but informative at the same time. However, we don't even question why the sign doesn't give us more information, as we subconsciously associate it with a shop that allows you to access or buy their products.

As opposed to the previous ideas and suggestions that I've made and received, I feel like I'm starting to gravitate towards a concept that questions the meaning of what 'open' actually means, the different meaning it can have? what happens when it's flipped around it's head? All of these things are questions which I find really intriguing however I'm still quite stuck as I feel like though it's focus on a specific details at the same time it is very vague and broad that maybe it can contains things associated with psychology, branding and or advertising, I think in that sense I am very scared that maybe I'm going on a completely different tangent.

No comments:

Post a Comment