Monday 8 October 2018

Presentation and Presentation Feedback

For this presentation we were given 5 minutes in order to relay our research and some ideas that we pulled up from it. It also gave us a chance see what other people have researched about as well as their own ideas for their own publication which I found extremely helpful as it helped me think of other ideas as well for my own publication.

People in my group have researched very specific and interesting themes which in turn help them and helped us generate more ideas for them and made the presentation and crit turn out good. I especially liked Georgia's 'No Parking' theme as I feel she really explored different areas for her theme which gave her a good foundation for future ideas; as well as Jake's sweets theme as it also generated lots of fun and interesting ideas which can help boost the quality of her actual publication.

As for my presentation, i think it went pretty well and I thought that I relayed as much information as I could for the group to give me really good feedback and ideas. I think I also got some really good feedback which I can look back at and process and rethink which ones are the most plausible and effective and communicative ideas that I can further research and do:

  • Interview people that works in the shops as part of the publication
  • More focus on the family aspect - ask about their lifestyle --> what they do in order to strive in the industry of chain stores when they are a stand alone family business. 
  • Think of materials that I can use - LED lights, glow in the dark sticks
  • Hanging up the publication just like the open signs. 
  • Think about how the sign is being written and used (eg. Come in we're open! / OPEN) --> Are you really welcome?
  • Look at it from the customer's point of view --> customer experience (how the customer feels in the shops? Maybe interview them?)
I got all these feedback and ideas from the group and I think that maybe I just need to look back at it again as I do think they are really good ideas but at the same time I will need to be smart about which ideas I can actually do in order for me to get successful research that's not futile but at the same time I may also need to do some little tests for them. For example, I really liked the Interview and lifestyle idea as I could focus that on one store and talk to the owners and make it really informative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment