Saturday 20 October 2018

Interim Crit

Yesterday, we had our interim crit for our publication. For the crit I had my experiments with me such as the binding techniques that I made and the differnt materials and printing techniques that I experimented with as well. 

With my crit group everyone had really good ideas and I feel like they all know what they want to do with just a bit more ideas needed and feedback needed from the rest of the group. However, when I came to explain my idea, I fee like I didn't really make it clear enough for everyone because I felt like everyone had a hard time giving me feedback. No one really talked when it was my turn and I fee like because I didn't explain it enough I got feedback which is directed to a different design route than I intended which is kind of disappointing. I tried to make up for my really bad explanation when I was asking the group questions and got some feedback which may be quite helpful:

  • Colour - people suggested I use bright colours like yellow or red, to make grab the readers attention as well as have some connotations relating to messages and signs (though this may be really loose).
  • Serif font - they liked the idea of using a serif font instead of a san serif font creates a nice contrast to the type of content thats going to be in the book.
Overall, I feel like I didn't really get anything much from the crit partly because I know I didn't explain myself clearly to everyone, although I did appreciate everyone that gave me feedback and tried to help me out. Next time, I will make sure to properly write down or remember what I'm going to say in the crits as I know I might not be able to get another time to get feedback from other people around the class and at the same time I don't want to waste my time or theres. 



No comments:

Post a Comment